Fantasy Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place to discuss and download the latest Fantasy Life versions.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Skill Set System Plans

Go down 
+13
Vitellius
m0k0n4
JigokuKensai
Jay.J
TheHiddenJ
soulexodus
Vila33
Slake
Sawyer_taco
YakaryBovine
Enthanu
Tool.Tip.Error
Watsine
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Number of posts : 3749
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Roleplay Character
Name: Kietan

New Skill Set System Plans Empty
PostSubject: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:00 pm

As I promised, here are further details on the skill system I've planned.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Base and Master class concept will remain. Base classes though will be allowed to branch into multiple master classes. Eventually I have 9 base classes planned with 3 master classes allowed for each. But when this system is first added, I will be doing 7 base classes with only 2 master classes per.

Base classes will have 5-6 skills each and Master Classes will have 7 or 8 skills depending on what I feel necessary when implementing the system.

Instead of going and buying your class you will instead pick you class at character creation and buy your skills individually. Skills will have stat based perquisites so players can decide how to spec their character from the start. When this system is finished/I get bored/Someone makes me a fuck ton of awesome skills, I will add a cap to the skills a player can buy for a class and allow players to customize their class.

Social Classes will be added whose skills and bonuses will affect the various social factors of the game.

Players will also be allowed a second base class, which they will be unable to level into a master class.

Planned Classes

Base---------Master

Mage---------Black Mage, Summoner
Adept--------Red Mage, Monk
Cleric--------White Mage, Paladin
Warrior------Knight, Sniper
Shadow------Ninja, Rogue
Cultist--------Necromancer, Death Knight
Tamer-------Dragoon, Beast Master

Most classes will remain about the same except for a few mentionable exceptions.

Summon - A mage who relies upon calling great beast to fight for themselves. These beast can only be called upon for short times.
Adept - This is the class that does a little bit of everything, from physical attacks to magic, ranged to melee, being able to do anything on a moments notice.
Shadow - The shadow class will have emphasis on stealth and movement.
Rogue - Rogue will become the thief classes true successor. They will be good a stealing and be the games first social class, by gaining bonuses based on their social standing and wealth.
Knight - Will refocus on physical combat, leaving behind the magical aspect the current knight we know has.
Sniper - Focuses on ranged attack and keeping distance from the foe.
Paladin - Will be similar to our current knight, but his damage will focus on smiting evil instead of swordsmanship.
Death Knight - Will focus on the power is darkness and using it as a powerful weapon again his foes, leaving behind his reliance on other and lesser magics.
Necromancer - A mage who focuses on controlling the dead and cheating it on every turn.
Tamer - This class focuses on taking certain animal attributes and make them their own.
Beast Master - This class calls upon animal characteristics for power and animals themselves to aid them in battle.

Last edited by Diaster on Wed May 04, 2011 11:26 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://fantasylife.forumotion.com
Tool.Tip.Error
Editor
Tool.Tip.Error

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:48 pm

So when do we (I) get specific details on the spells? I have school off tomorrow so I can probably get a lot done.
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:51 pm

If your expecting spell ideas from me a LONG time.
Back to top Go down
Tool.Tip.Error
Editor
Tool.Tip.Error

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:54 pm

Well if you tell me the number of spells per skillset, for each class, I can start writing some up.

User was banned for this post
Back to top Go down
Enthanu
Peasant
Enthanu

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-11-01

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:04 pm

*Jumps into the opportunity* Well, tell me what you need and I can write some up! My ideas are ready to be presented.
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:14 pm

try reading the fucking opening post!
Back to top Go down
Enthanu
Peasant
Enthanu

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:25 pm

I mean, what kind of tier system are you using exactly? I don't know the exact details..

As in what type of Base class you would desire, will you be able to choose what skills you want. ETC?
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:48 pm

Enthanu wrote:
will you be able to choose what skills you want.
diaster wrote:
When this system is finished/I get bored/Someone makes me a fuck ton of awesome skills, I will add a cap to the skills a player can buy for a class and allow players to customize their class.

Enthanu wrote:
what type of Base class you would desire.
diaster wrote:
Mage
Cleric
Mystic
Warrior
Shadow
Cultist

If you cannot explain why you could not find this information I will ban you for a week.
Back to top Go down
Enthanu
Peasant
Enthanu

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:17 pm

Diaster wrote:
Enthanu wrote:
will you be able to choose what skills you want.
diaster wrote:
When this system is finished/I get bored/Someone makes me a fuck ton of awesome skills, I will add a cap to the skills a player can buy for a class and allow players to customize their class.

Enthanu wrote:
what type of Base class you would desire.
diaster wrote:
Mage
Cleric
Mystic
Warrior
Shadow
Cultist

If you cannot explain why you could not find this information I will ban you for a week.

By base class I meant will you be able to intertwine the classes presented? Such as a Shadowy Mage, or a Death Knight (Warrior + Cultist). Not sure why I didn't clarify this... I am going to make a Tech Tree for your purposes and their mechanics, but I must know if branches may converge into a class. Or maybe a being a person whom takes a little bit of every class?
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:55 pm

diaster wrote:
The Base and Master class concept will remain. Base classes though will be allowed to branch into multiple master classes.

Ban time?
Back to top Go down
YakaryBovine
Map Maker
YakaryBovine

Number of posts : 2989
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:02 pm

please ban enthanu asap

will classes that can branch off to be much less like themselves (e.g. cleric > paladin) be capable of functioning early game without their branch

so like, if i pick cleric and im aiming for paladin, will i be totally fucked for the first part of the game
Back to top Go down
Enthanu
Peasant
Enthanu

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:11 pm

I feel quite stupid now.. Well, you may ban me now, but it's not going to achieve anything.

I'll have your tech tree finished by the end of the weak, hopefully.

Back to top Go down
Sawyer_taco
Monarch
Sawyer_taco

Number of posts : 2035
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:15 pm

thats quite good diaster! i am POSITIVELY impressed.

although, how does a mystic turn into a ranger/monk?
i think that, atm, you've used the 6 base classes and squeezed them in to fit the original master classes - 2 of each. imo, you would actually be better off to go directly to 8 base classes and 2 master per, which i know is quite a bit more work, but allows for more freedom to move with the base classes and allows for ~better master classes~
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:26 pm

TrueMalice wrote:
please ban enthanu asap

will classes that can branch off to be much less like themselves (e.g. cleric > paladin) be capable of functioning early game without their branch

so like, if i pick cleric and im aiming for paladin, will i be totally fucked for the first part of the game

Well first I'd like to try and have the base classes at least like their master classes in some way, but should I fail in this aspect, you will have your secondary class you can fall back on.

so if you want to go paladin, but you feel the stats needed for cleric don't match the stats needed for paladin, you can take a warrior second and use those skills until you can learn your master skill set.

@Sawyer - Mystic is basically someone who uses Ki or inner magic and martial techniques. Rangers are one w/ nature, Monks one with themselves. Couldn't think of a better class name really.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer_taco
Monarch
Sawyer_taco

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:44 pm

id use something like woodsman and then split between ranger and a power ranger
or something
know what im sayin
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:57 pm

I'll consider it. I'll have to think of a more core class for both of them and make master classes based on that.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer_taco
Monarch
Sawyer_taco

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:15 am

imo there should be a dream world too and maybe a whole class for it
Back to top Go down
Slake
Knight

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2010-10-14

Roleplay Character
Name: Barack Hussein Obama

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:56 am

I'm guessing Dia isn't in good mood, all those bans...Whatever, at least there is some serious progress here and Tool.Tip.Error and Enthanu are dicks so they deserve it.

Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:46 am

Pet peeve having to repeat myself.
Back to top Go down
Vila33
Monarch
Vila33

Number of posts : 1072
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Roleplay Character
Name: Captain Obvious

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:06 am

As slake said, i too see there is some progress in this version, but i too disagree on archer and monk to be a master class for a same base class. Archer and monk have NOTHING in common, stats AND way of fighting. You should split archer and monk into something like this:

Woodsman - Ranger and Beast Master (where ranger is a skilled archer with aim spells and stuff, and beast master can summon/convert animals and rely on axes, not bows to kill his enemies.

Black Belt - Monk and Street Fighter (where street fighter is pure strenght / passives, and monk with spells and ki powers.)
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:31 am

Street fighter makes me cringe. Anyways I said I'll think about it.
Back to top Go down
Vila33
Monarch
Vila33

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:51 am

it doesnt need to be street fighter.. just take whatever you want, its your game, you can make a SUPER SAIYAN if you want lol
Back to top Go down
Slake
Knight

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:12 am

UGH, dude, please don't use those words again, they make me sick. SUPER SAIYAN IS GAY.

Back to top Go down
Vila33
Monarch
Vila33

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 11:04 am

thankstowhoeverbanedhim
Back to top Go down
Slake
Knight

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 11:49 am

Cmon guys, why do you have to ban me for not liking certain animes. You are dicks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Skill Set System Plans   New Skill Set System Plans Empty

Back to top Go down

New Skill Set System Plans
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next