Fantasy Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place to discuss and download the latest Fantasy Life versions.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Infectous Races

Go down 
+10
jamamar
darkflames9
JigokuKensai
soulexodus
Vila33
YakaryBovine
Vitellius
Jay.J
Tool.Tip.Error
Watsine
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Number of posts : 3749
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Roleplay Character
Name: Kietan

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:23 pm

So going through the code I figured this is more or less an opportune time to add the long awaited infectious races and rebalance Werewolf. This is what I've planned.

You will only be able to have one infectious race at a time.

The races will be Werewolf, Nosferatu, Strigoi. The Nosferatu, and Strigoi are two factions of vampires.

Werewolf:
Grants x1.5 agility
Sense of smell
Bite
+10 attack
Is unable to wield weapons - Primary Agility

-------------------------------------
Nosferatu:
Grants x2 str
+4 hp regeneration
Drink - if this skill kills the target unit, it spawns a ghoul under your control. If the target is a player, they are turned into a vampire.
+20 attack
Is unable to wield weapons - Primary Strength

-------------------------------------
Strigoi:
Grants x1.5 int
Sleep
Force ally/vision
Drink
Is able to wield weapons
-------------------------------------------------------------
The Werewolf will retain the same functionality while Vampires will lose all their bonuses during the day. Vampires will also lose 5 of their primary stat, have -3 hp regeneration and have reduced sight range. Lunar Pendent will remove the regeneration penalty. Vampires will also be counted as undead units.

New items will include:
Lunar Pendant: Emits an unnatural darkness around the user, leaving them cool and less burdened by the sun.

Notes: Undead units cannot be healed via healing magic and can be targeted with dia.

Last edited by Diaster on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://fantasylife.forumotion.com
Tool.Tip.Error
Editor
Tool.Tip.Error

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Why don't you also add in an item for temp night?

Oh and use shadowmeld for detecting day and night.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 4788
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:00 pm

You don't go over what any of the abilities are.
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Pretty self explanatory in function. Numbers I'm still not 100% about.
Back to top Go down
Vitellius
Peasant
Vitellius

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Roleplay Character
Name: Mloagr Epivwalc

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 10:00 pm

These all seem really bad, no offense. But they are virtually pure benefit. So what if you don't get to wear a weapon, as the only weapon that is better then some of these ridiculous boosts is excalibur. In my opinion, all 3 races should be changed to where the benefits are much smaller, or the detriments are much larger.
Back to top Go down
YakaryBovine
Map Maker
YakaryBovine

Number of posts : 2989
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 10:14 pm

i dont quite understand the 6/damage per second thing - without a lunar pendant, one would just die over and over. with one, the 'race' would have no weaknesses at all
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 11:36 pm

Well as of the moment WW doesn't have any down side except it doesn't buff int and its bonuses are much better then those listed. The degen is added to the players natural regen, and when your talking a 30 str warrior, that minus 6 is a lot less threatening. For an int hero though, yes that is more of a problem. I could make the degen a %hp degen, and the lunar amulet could lower that % to like 1 or 2%.

I could also make it so you lose your secondary class or master class when you transform.
Back to top Go down
YakaryBovine
Map Maker
YakaryBovine

Number of posts : 2989
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 11:58 pm

i suggest daylight having a direct impact on your attributes (perhaps a reverse of the ones you have there) and that there should be no means to permanently get rid of the side effects. potions, trinkets to change the day time, sure - but an amulet that removes all side effect is over the top

dont change classes
Back to top Go down
Vila33
Monarch
Vila33

Number of posts : 1072
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Roleplay Character
Name: Captain Obvious

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:02 am

Quote :
Nosferatu:
Grants +15 str
+4 hp regeneration
Drink
+20 attack
Is unable to wield weapons - Primary Strength

Quote :
Werewolf:
Grants +15 agility
Sense of smell
Bite
+10 attack
Is unable to wield weapons - Primary Agility

Why would someone take werewolf when he is much weaker then nosferatu? And i think ill have to disagree on all these, because with 3 infection races, all people would be something (a infection race), except king maybe, because they are much stronger Razz

PS: Will you be these races all the time, or only at night?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Jay.J

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 1:54 pm

I think they're poorly laid out - but I don't feel like thinking of anything productive.

It shouldn't just be raw number additions. They should be more interesting - either multipliers, interesting skills and clear negative impacts that can be diminished but not exterminated.

For example as some sort of Vampire - Sun should always hurt you, vision should be smaller in the day time - but you get more sight range at night and additional HP regen at night. With an item, you have normal vision and half the degen rate. Then always have a multiplier for some stat instead of a raw bonus (too strong early, too little later on) as well as a unique ability.

Also - make the shady merchant have anti-race weapons.

O - and make the races have spawns/towns somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Vila33
Monarch
Vila33

Roleplay Character

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Quote :
O - and make the races have spawns/towns somewhere.

Yea, maybe a camp in the forest or something
Back to top Go down
Tool.Tip.Error
Editor
Tool.Tip.Error

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Make them have over the top spells. Like Vampire's drink spell should black out the screen of the target, put their unit to sleep, and have a cool effect of the vampire rushing at the target and bats going everywhere. It should be really gimmicky and cool.
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:20 am

updated
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Jay.J

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:32 am

Indirect buff to agility classes IMO. WW isn't as serious as Vampires. Not being able to be healed is a major issue - especially when you have the whole degen thing. Also, can't really be anything but a human white mage.
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:59 am

Well its not buffing agi classes, consider WW is only 1/4th the night, and that is a nerf compared to what it is now.

I would like to keep the anti-heal thing and perhaps have the accessory stop all the degen. Though healing through potions, sleep and drink would still be possible.

And a vampire white mage, seems very very wrong to me.
Back to top Go down
Vila33
Monarch
Vila33

Roleplay Character

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:21 pm

Quote :
And a vampire white mage, seems very very wrong to me.

You dont have to say that twice.
Back to top Go down
Vitellius
Peasant
Vitellius

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Roleplay Character
Name: Mloagr Epivwalc

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 3:11 pm

Str penalty on vampires is really minor, and totally not worth the buff they got.
Back to top Go down
soulexodus
Noble
soulexodus

Number of posts : 706
Registration date : 2009-12-05

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:02 pm

IDK bout the drinking thing... It seems kind of overtly werewolf in some ways too. I don't like the idea of making ghouls because we have enough trouble with crappy mercs as is.

Rather why don't you make nosferatu have a life steal type, while strigoi have a life drain type (Vamp strike vs life steal, ladder). This especially makes sense since it'd be a mental thing vs a physical thing. (vampire, whatever.)

Also, all these are night timers, reducing the interest level in these (in my opinion anyway)

Also, I do agree that the benefits are rather outweighing the malus.

I know we're all bitching and not fixing but I can work on something later, if you'd like. Kind of busy lately -_-
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Well I kinda need solutions, because its not gonna make it in otherwise, and who know when I'll get a chance like this to add it again?
Back to top Go down
JigokuKensai
Peasant
JigokuKensai

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2010-06-16

Roleplay Character
Name: YuuRei Kensai

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptySun May 01, 2011 4:00 pm

hmm well a lot of my ideas seem to have already been suggested, but I'll post them anyway so its nice to look at

Anti-Race Weapons (Silver and Blessed Weapons)
> Along with this you should allow the king's army upgrades that help them combat against infectious races
> It should not only deal more dmg but anti-race weapons should already weaken its corresponding infectious race when ever its close (like an aura if you so will), which cancels out bonus regeneration, increases mana cost for spells, slowed attack and movement speed, reduced/negative spell resistance
- If you plan on going with this idea, the item itself (as in when its dropped) also exhibits said anti-race aura

Werewolf
> It should have a brief moment of transformation sickness when it transforms back into a human (Inability to use skills, slowed attack and movement speed, degeneration, inability to drink potions)
> Inability to use Master Skill set and disables passive skills or at least double mana cost for spells
> WW should have inability to purchase any items even with sentience
> Unable to equip armor and boots
> Different Armor Type, to balance out the higher armor score
> Inability to consume potions
> Must kill something regularly or else they give into bloodlust

Nosferatu/Strigoi
> They make teenage girls wet thus branding them as ephebophiles/pedophiles
> If a Nosferatu and Strigoi were to enter a church they gain a -10 HP/MP degen, not countered by anything
> Nosferatu and Strigoi must feed regularly from humans (because "vegetarian" vampires are faggy) or they lose control of their hero
> Cannot hold the TriForce or any other Relics

All Infectious Races
> The most the stat multiplier can give to any one stat is 20
> Becoming cured is permanent, the unit gains an immunity to vampirism/lycanthropy
> Original infecting unit should have a way to be permanently dealt with

Holy Classes
> White Mage/Wizard and Royal Knight have resistance to infection
> White Mage Reduce Dmg from vampires
> White Wizard should have an ability to forcefully (read:painfully) remove infectious status (probably based on a relationship between the int of White Wizard and current health of target), causing transformation sickness in the process
Back to top Go down
darkflames9
Peasant

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 3:39 am

Back to top Go down
jamamar
Peasant

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2011-07-15

Roleplay Character
Name: James

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:34 am

Why dont you make the werewolf cave larger and mroe house-like plus you should make the werewolf larger
Back to top Go down
seernox
Peasant

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Roleplay Character
Name:

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:35 pm

well i like the ideas but there are a few problems with them..

1. i reckon that werewolves have too much of a downside now having to take the potion i think they should gain an ability to be wolves in day aswell but they dont get the agi bonus or something.

2. the vampires are pretty OP which i think is bad because you cant have an OP addition because everybody will want to be them and that ruins the gameplay. in the daytime i think they shouldnt have the - life if they are in shelter eg. under trees, in caves

3. i think give the kings crown some sort of buff like -5 hp per second to undead which means that if the king gets attacked by vampires hes got protection more otherwise it could just be OP

4. make royal knights have an ability like dia eg. holy blow this attack should do 50+2xstr x2 on undead or an aura like the what i mentioned for the crown. and gives white mages and white wizards an aura to make them not be vampires as much although u should make the aura stop if they aquire the robes of the lich cause that is awesome

5.as mentioned before make silver/holy weapons that do 1.25x damage against undead

6. make vampires get undead minions of the creatures they kill with there ability these minions have vampiric attack and are weaker than there original versions because the sun kills them aswell

7. as mentioned above make certain camps eg. crypt and dark citidel and if you do this make a werewolf camp. these camps should have a few cool things about them and they should be sort of aggro towards other species
this is alot but this is my view on what would need to happen for it to be possible
Back to top Go down
IknowInoob
Peasant

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Roleplay Character
Name: Hassadin

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 11:30 am

how about the infected guys can sort of 'control' their hero during the night after they have not feeded for lets say 10 nights.Also once they have gained the control state, make become like some sort of traitor to their clan and are forced to be hunted down. *By the way the donate gold for cure thing shud be removed cause it makes no sense* (u pay some gold and you get disinfected?!)instead put a system that enables the infected guy turn back into a normal person by seeking out some belladonna for the werewolf and a special book or anything that when used cleanses the vampire of his virus and sins.Oh and the guys who broke away from the clan should have some sort of special ability too.
Back to top Go down
Diablosrage
Peasant

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:08 pm

The bonuses for the werewolf seem kind of low seeing as how they are only a werewolf half of the night, i say either increase the bonus or add some way to make it so they can be werewolves in the morning. Also i agree with removing the wolfsbane potion (or at least making it harder to get!) and the donate gold curing method. Add the (as long as you feed, you are in control) method that makes a little more sense perhaps? Also an interesting idea, maybe where the first bitten by the original werewolf/vampire gets bonuses for infecting others? Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Infectous Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infectous Races   Infectous Races Empty

Back to top Go down

Infectous Races
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantasy Life :: Development & Discussion :: Suggestions-
Jump to: