Fantasy Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place to discuss and download the latest Fantasy Life versions.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Social Classes

Go down 
+10
Kinorey
Chief-Oblivion
Jay.J
jamamar
Standarduser
YakaryBovine
Kiseki
seernox
Magis
Watsine
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
darkflames9
Peasant

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Social Classes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social Classes   Social Classes - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:07 am

The additional stats would break the game. Peasants get like 20 extra and travelers 10 O_O
Back to top Go down
seernox
Peasant

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Roleplay Character
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Social Classes   Social Classes - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:11 am

darkflames9 wrote:
The additional stats would break the game. Peasants get like 20 extra and travelers 10 O_O

completely agreed there i think that it is a good idea but it needs to be weaker than what it is at the moment so it isn't a massive game changer
Back to top Go down
Vila33
Monarch
Vila33

Number of posts : 1072
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Roleplay Character
Name: Captain Obvious

PostSubject: Re: Social Classes   Social Classes - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:33 am

I think it is quite good the way it is. This would need about half a year to make and about a year to balance.
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Number of posts : 3749
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Roleplay Character
Name: Kietan

PostSubject: Re: Social Classes   Social Classes - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:20 pm

well 10 bonus stats is good, but not game breaking. But i will admit 20 is REALLY pushing it. Perhaps I could make it a even spread bonus, where you can't pick where they go. So every 4 levels they get +1 to all stats which would end up as +6 to all stats (level 1 they would get +1 then level 4,8 etc), and traveler would stay the same.
Back to top Go down
https://fantasylife.forumotion.com
YakaryBovine
Map Maker
YakaryBovine

Number of posts : 2989
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Social Classes   Social Classes - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:22 pm

Noble seems like its effectiveness would not change at all based on effort/skill/initiative/anything else. this may be how you wanted it, i dont know

might as well rename traveller to powerleveller

Edit: they are both bearable though
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: Social Classes   Social Classes - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:37 pm

TrueMalice wrote:
Noble seems like its effectiveness would not change at all based on effort/skill/initiative/anything else. this may be how you wanted it, i dont know

might as well rename traveller to powerleveller

Edit: they are both bearable though
For noble its a question of how much i can make money matter really. The plan is for their special shop to have super mercs basically and for them to need a lot of gold to support them and get exp.
Back to top Go down
jamamar
Peasant

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2011-07-15

Roleplay Character
Name: James

PostSubject: Re: Social Classes   Social Classes - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:33 am

ummmm super mercs? that seems a little OP if they can buy god
Back to top Go down
seernox
Peasant

Roleplay Character
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Social Classes   Social Classes - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 2:48 am

list of ideas to do with social classes:

-change noble to merchant or trader (most nobles were merchants or traders anyway)

-the clergy is pointless and should be removed (maybe make a clergy and anti-clergy the anti gets money for bad town happiness which would make it good for cultists and dark wizards AND ninja's )

-traveller is good but needs to actually have a way of making money rather than killing monsters... maybe make a few jobs available like woodcutter and the delivery jobs or something like that...
Back to top Go down
Magis
Knight
Magis

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Roleplay Character
Name: Syfia Gel'zor

PostSubject: Re: Social Classes   Social Classes - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 4:24 pm

How the fuck does "super merc" make you think of "god", Jamamar?
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: Social Classes   Social Classes - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:59 am

updated original post
Back to top Go down
Dragonmaster228
Knight
Dragonmaster228

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2010-07-28
Location : In the mountains with dragons that are eating Krackles.

Roleplay Character
Name: Shaco

PostSubject: Re: Social Classes   Social Classes - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:51 pm

Tl;dr , sorry, but maybe trader? Somewhat fits under traveler. And by the way, did you know that the four social classes that card suits were based on were church (hearts), royalty (diamonds), warriors (clubs), and peasants (spades)?
Back to top Go down
seernox
Peasant

Roleplay Character
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Social Classes   Social Classes - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:11 am

meh... after a deliberating on my own thoughts i decided that i will just wait until diaster makes the version then i will give idea's to improve the social classes and balance them out Wink
Back to top Go down
Thelegendback
Peasant

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-07-27

Roleplay Character
Name: Lucien Darkwing

PostSubject: Re: Social Classes   Social Classes - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:05 pm

Just a few ideas Diaster for the social classes

Traveller
I agree with letting take some jobs such as Woodcutter or fisher. Maybe add a Hunting (edit) job for them so they can kill animals for furs and such for money.
Also maybe such as a bounty hunter job? Like in day one lets say bandits give more gold and so on ending up at dragons giving most gold just so the Traveller can make some cash.

Noble
I would think the Noble is well off but maybe make them a little less King-Based so like when/if they own land the start taxing those people. I know you said chickens for cash but I think doing it this way is much more medieval since Chickens are more peasant-y. (Yeah i know this doesnt make scense but just something for thinkers).

Peasant
I agree with the farming thing as I also said above like being able to own a farm and make herbs and animals and such. (sorry i dont have much to offer) Because peasants would seem lame and boring if its just jobs again.

I dont know what about the other ones so these are my only ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Social Classes   Social Classes - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Social Classes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantasy Life :: Development & Discussion :: Suggestions-
Jump to: