Fantasy Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place to discuss and download the latest Fantasy Life versions.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Noble Wars

Go down 
+7
Mr.Snake
Sawyer_taco
YakaryBovine
IknowInoob
Alabs
Vila33
Watsine
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vila33
Monarch
Vila33

Number of posts : 1072
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Roleplay Character
Name: Captain Obvious

Noble Wars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noble Wars   Noble Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 5:36 am

Well that evil/neutral/good system would totally ruin multiple RP options. What if i want to be a good Rogue? Or a evil Beast Master?

Allignments should be earned. With actions.
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Number of posts : 3749
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Roleplay Character
Name: Kietan

PostSubject: Re: Noble Wars   Noble Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:54 am

you have no idea how I'm doing the social classes it would seem, go read the social classes sticky. And just because a noble is evil doesn't mean they can't be famous and have power, just look at politicians. Most the methods used to get fame are rather neutral, if not borderline "evil".
Back to top Go down
https://fantasylife.forumotion.com
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: Noble Wars   Noble Wars - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 6:47 pm

as another note on this as I begin to finish up this systems addition. I've decided against making fame decrease as a result of direct combat between nobles (gotta have epic duels amiright?). I'm also going to set up a "credit" system, where if you do anything to help defeat evil you get fame as a reward. If you do nothing, or help the big bad, you will lose fame if you have any at all. Helping the big bad in anyways will overshadow any good you do, resulting in loss of fame.
Back to top Go down
Vila33
Monarch
Vila33

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: Noble Wars   Noble Wars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 3:42 pm

I hope there wont be a bunch of fame farmers that just do the same thing over and over again to get fame.
Back to top Go down
Watsine
Admin
Watsine

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: Noble Wars   Noble Wars - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:36 pm

Only thing you can do that is repeatable to get fame is donate and kill bandits. People already grind bandits so I'm not too sure that this will make a difference. I could be quite the dick and make it so when enough bandits die, they get a buff. Thinking about it though, I'd really like more ways to earn fame then the 4 I have.
Back to top Go down
seernox
Peasant

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Roleplay Character
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Noble Wars   Noble Wars - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:29 am

Well i can think of one thing, but you might not like it (probably been suggested or is too hard to do)

So, instead of just the main events give a mini event a chance to pop up every now and then, this will allow a repeatable fame bonus and add some extra items for deciding what side to choose (like different mods because you already have the thor mod I was thinking something like that) these events last a certain time limit ( like 10-20 minutes ) unless stopped earlier and they could give fame for doing the thing that protects citizens. some of the events could be:

- necromancer attack (when time is up the necromancer changes into a lich that is neutral hostile this will allow other events to happen)

- a new arena champion (the arena has a new set of enemies and a boss at the end giving a dif item for the winner... maybe not... or could be something else related to the arena and then after arena would return to normal because he/she would leave)

- wilderness attack (the other trolls or the sangulins (if thats what there called) attack the city and then retreat)

^plus for that earlier post of mine i meant to say what the classes leant to because a death knight is more likely to play an evil rp than a good rp thats what i meant... soz for the misunderstanding
Back to top Go down
jamamarOCEANIA
Peasant

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Roleplay Character
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Noble Wars   Noble Wars - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 6:05 am

hate the whole idea of a player being king.
perhaps you should make a npc king so there wont be power whores
Back to top Go down
Vila33
Monarch
Vila33

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: Noble Wars   Noble Wars - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:32 am

Why the hell do you hate the idea of someone being a king? Its the root of all RP!
Back to top Go down
jamamarOCEANIA
Peasant

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Roleplay Character
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Noble Wars   Noble Wars - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:00 am

no its the root of a noob saying hes the king and killing for no reason and spawn camping. things arent easy in Oceania Rpg Room 2
Back to top Go down
seernox
Peasant

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Roleplay Character
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Noble Wars   Noble Wars - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:01 pm

I really do not like you.... and unless it is version 1.26 the king is fairly weak and can be easily defeated by a lvl 14 dragoon, ninja, hunter, black mage (is a little tricky but can defeat at like lvl 10ish), death knight (summon demons)

and if you say you can't get money to start off go get a job like fisherman or woodcutter and then get the lightbow or something because its out of town, i can certainly pwn douche kings easily (unless its 1.26) but, its up to you

and anyway it would be too hard to code a good king (because griffith sucks as a king + triggering bandit event early will stop any king in there tracks this can be done by 1. killing citizens and 2. breaking into the Bsmith and make sure you dont kill bandits) the king is primarily for RP purposes and he has good troops because if there is a revolution it adds some fun in the fighting

and I disagree with you Vila although the king makes a good addition to the rp it is not the route of it all, once i got completely ignored while i was king Sad

and anyway isn't this whole conversation out of context?

^ love it how my posts are always the longest i have no life Smile
Back to top Go down
Vila33
Monarch
Vila33

Roleplay Character

PostSubject: Re: Noble Wars   Noble Wars - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:53 am

You guys need to know... The fun of Fantasy Life is based on who are you playing it with. If the players are all killing bastards, the RP wont be fun, of course.

Jamamar, it's not the map's fault you play with a bunch of douchebags that are looking for a way to become awesome and spawn kill everyone.

Seernox, the answer is the same. You got completely ignored because the players in your game dont know what roleplaying is. But you DO have a point about the kings. They are easily defeated by a FL veteran.

Seriously guys, start getting friends that play Fantasy Life just the way you do, and dont complain at the forums for important stuff to be banned.
Back to top Go down
KBPFY
Peasant
KBPFY

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Roleplay Character
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Noble Wars   Noble Wars - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:43 am

I only play with my brother on lan I am the king and he is the peasen noble, wanderer an we get off fine I mean we fight but the whole thing of fantasy life is to get away from the real world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noble Wars   Noble Wars - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Noble Wars
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2