Fantasy Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place to discuss and download the latest Fantasy Life versions.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to Host without Torrent

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

How to Host without Torrent - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Host without Torrent   How to Host without Torrent - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:16 pm

Usually 1-1024 are all reserved for important processes, and besides that you've got 64512 ports to work with. What happens when you try to bind to a port already taken? Your computer tells you you can't in some way (probably warcraft sends an error).

Changing the port number shouldn't make your computer less secure in any way. Some ports have a reputation for being backdoors but that's because backdoor services use that port, not because that port is cursed to do evil things.

Of course, I barely know what I'm talking about. I could have sworn that you could only bind to 6112-6119, but it seems I'm wrong. Not liable for whatever goodies and badies may happen to your computer because I said you're not gonna be less secure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Host without Torrent   How to Host without Torrent - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 4:13 pm

celluz wrote:
I know some safe ports but they requiring opening (6112-6119 are my usual ports). Different porta are open on different computers so check em out yourself.

well warcraft 3's port usage is limited to about 1000-42000ish

also the only port i have open is 6122 i don't really get why 6113-6119 is necessary so would someone like to explain this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Host without Torrent   How to Host without Torrent - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:01 pm

How do I know which ones are already opened/forwarded?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Host without Torrent   How to Host without Torrent - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:11 pm

nightshade123 wrote:
celluz wrote:
I know some safe ports but they requiring opening (6112-6119 are my usual ports). Different porta are open on different computers so check em out yourself.

well warcraft 3's port usage is limited to about 1000-42000ish

also the only port i have open is 6122 i don't really get why 6113-6119 is necessary so would someone like to explain this?
Multiple computers... also, 1024-49151.
abc123 wrote:
How do I know which ones are already opened/forwarded?
You find your forwarded ports on your router. Your opened ports can be found in a command line with netstat -a -n
Back to top Go down
soulexodus
Noble
soulexodus

Number of posts : 706
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: How to Host without Torrent   How to Host without Torrent - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 4:50 pm

A good note for anyone who cannot find out their gateway internally, you can use the CMD.exe and run the "ipconfig" command. It'll tell you pretty much everything you needa know (except passwords) for accessing your gateway (internal router settings)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Host without Torrent   How to Host without Torrent - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Host without Torrent
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2